FUEL FILTER

2005 Jaguar XK8

2005 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Dear Friends, today when I was driving on my car Jaguar xk8, I have got information on computer display, " check fuel filter caps". When I stoped the car, and start again, now the light " check engine" (yelow colour) is on. Please help me what I ought to do. I am from Poland (EU) and I have some problems with service.
Best regards: Jerzy
Jerzygor

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you for the donation.

The message should be " Check Fuel Filler Cap" and it should be a EVAP system fault causing vapor leaks which is detected by the engine computer.

Usually this problem is caused by a faulty fuel filler cap or the filler cap has not been properly closed. Open the fuel filler cap and check the seal on it. If seal is good, close it again ensuring you hear at leat 3 clicks when tightening and retest.

The Check Engine Lamp ( CEL ) might need a some running before it will stop showing. If you can get a scanner to check the code, that would be preferable for confirming that it is caused by the EVAP system