POWER HEADREST

2001 Jaguar XK8

Interior problem
2001 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65400 miles

my power headrest passenger side headrest wont go up or down. I can hear motor running. Read on jag forums that the fix is to shorten cable housing and shrink wrap after pretty vague instructions. I bought alldata online they dont have the fix.I need more detail to feel comfortable doing this please help. Thanks Jim
Jimbomag828

The seat headrest control module controls the seat headrest motor by responding to the status of three switches. The seat backrest tilt microswitch, the seat latch microswitch and the seat headrest switch.
The seat headrest automatically lowers when the seat backrest is tilted forward. This feature is controlled by two microswitches. The seat backrest tilt knob actuates the seat backrest tilt microswitch causing the seat headrest to fully retract. When the seat backrest is returned to the normal driving position, the seat latch microswitch causes the seat headrest to return to its previous position. The vehicle occupant can position the seat headrest to suit their stature by pressing the seat headrest switch which is the center switch of the powered seat switchpack.

Dave H