TROUBLE CODES

1999 Jaguar XK8

1999 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I recieved P1111 Manufacturer control fuel metering
and and P1637 manufacturer control Aux inputs and Aux outputs.

The initiating event is a loss of power with dash warnings of (traction control fail) (stability control fail) (engine safe mode). I think that was the wording of the last code. Thhe engine would run, poorly, and the car would barely move out of it's tracks.

I limped to a parking lot and turned it off. After a couple of minets it started again and ran normally.

Suggestions?
Brassdragon

Hi brassdragon,

P1111 is not listed in the DTC index so I am not able to get any data on it.

P1637 = CAN Link/ABS Circuit/Network Malfunction.

This code meas there was an error in communications and it could possibly be a fault in the wiring or control modules. Generic scanners might not be able to diagnose the problem as it requires to test if the various control modules are communicating correctly.

You would most probably have to send it to the dealer for a diagnosis.

What you can do is to check the various control module connectors for looseness or contaminations.

Fault code 1111 just means that diagnosic checks have been made since memory last cleared, other code is as last member said, problem with Controller Area Network on ABS. As he said, check for poor connections, also it might pay to spray all connections with electrical contact cleaner, including the control modual connector. The Engine Control Modual isn, t recieving the correct information from either the ABS or Traction Control CAN networks. Maybe the loom, may be the ECM.
Good luck, Bob

Bt965