CONDENSER

1999 Jaguar XK8

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

Repair shop says new condenser is needed and the new condenser requires new hoses which adds about $1400 to the cost of repair. I thought about buying a condenser that was made for the 99 model so that the new hoses wouldn't be needed. Repair shop said he wouldn't recommend it because all the condensers for that model were bad. Your opinion?
Pmdbrown

Hi there,

I personally have had no problem with these condensers, although I do often use after market units as the price is favorable and I find the quality never an issue, if they are referring to genuine, I can only imagine that they should be ok, but I would talk to a dealer or two and ask them if they have come across any problems, I am wondering if the repaired is just looking for an extra sale here.

Mhpautos
Thanks.I'll checki into buying the part online. I just don't know who I can get to install it.

Pmdbrown
Just make sure that the mechanic who fits it is A/C accredited.

Mhpautos