JAGUAR XK8 CAMSHAFT PROBLEM

1998 Jaguar XK8

1998 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

I am working on my neighbors 98 Jaguar -xj8 It had a hole in the intake, I fixed it and it was still missing, So I pulled the passenger valve cover and found a short timing chain and plastic tension rod was broken. Question do they make a chain with a master link to replace it without taking off the front of motor off and is it a problem to time, and how do you time?
Tommy
Hotrod276

TIMING CHAINS (PRIMARY)
NOTE: The 4.0L V8 has no engine timing alignment marks on the crankshaft or camshafts. Engine timing is achieved by installing the Crankshaft Setting Peg (303-531) and Camshaft Locking Tool (303-530). With the crankshaft setting peg in position, ensure the timing flat on each camshaft is in the uppermost position before installing camshaft locking tool.

NOTE: Special Tools Required: Crankshaft Setting Peg (303-531), Camshaft Locking Tool (303-530), Chain Tensioning Tool (303-532) and Primary Chain Wedge (303-533). See Fig. 208-Fig. 211.

NOTE: " A" bank refers to the right/passenger side of the vehicle and " B" bank refers to left/driver side of the vehicle.

NOTE: Each door glass automatically drops 12 mm when the door is opened or when the convertible top is raised or lowered. It is important that windows are lowered before battery is disconnected to allow doors to shut properly.

Dave H