DRIVER SIDE WINDOW ON 00 S-TYPE WON'T GO UP ALL THE WAY

2000 Jaguar XJS

My driver side window works well except that when it gets to the rubber moulding on the window frame it stops and doesn't go up anymore. I did notice that when I push it up with my hands the glass moves from side to side, can someone help? Thanks
2000S-TYPE

Sounds like the guide or regulator are having a problem. Be careful the door panel has to come off and you dont want to mar it

Jack42
I took the panel off, no problem there; however upon inspecting the area everything seems fine except for a few pieces of white plastic I found at the bottom of the door. I match them up and they seem to be some sort of small bracket. Also after putting the door panel back it seems the window is going up sluggish. Another thing, I see that everyone always mentions the regulator when talking about power windows, are they referring to the motor?

2000S-TYPE
Hello what you need to fix this problem is a window regulator. The plastic you foundis for the guides.
Pretty soon if not already the regulator will stop all together going up and down

Fstranger302