COOLANT ISSUES

Jaguar XJ8

I have a 2000 XJ8 VP.

The coolant label says to only use " Orange Type" coolant.

What happens if the wrong coolant is placed in my car?

What happens if the wrong coolant was flushed, but not all the way and the two different coolant types are mixed?

I am just worried that my engine will mess up due to the wrong coolant being put in it and used it for 6 months like that. Then I had it flushed and it was not completly flushed b/c it now looks like a green/orange mix. Not just orange. When I called a JAG dealership, they said the two cannot be mixed and could cause major engine trouble. But I do not know if they are saying that to get more buisness or just being honest.

Please help.

Thanks for your help. ; )
Noob101

Hello
Hope that will help you
You shouldn t mix the coolant and on your car you need to flush the system good and run water throw it to ensure clear
Drain and fill with the recommended coolant

As for engine damage yes it may happen but not like
oh my god I put diesel in my gas tank kind problem but u should have it corrected flush it and or have it done right
Good luck

BMRFIXIT
Thanks for your help. ; )

If the warning light (RED) comes on and then goes off after a couple of minutes or a restart. With the message " Engine Coolant Low". What would cause that, if the coolant was full?

Thanks again for your help. : )

Noob101
You may have an air pocket in the system need bleeding

Client control off start engine and run @1500---2000 rpm until radiator fan comes on turn heat on make sure you have enough heat shut engine off let it cool carefully and slowly open fill cap and top off if needed

BMRFIXIT
Thanks once again. : ) : ) : )

I will try that and see if it helps. I am having some issues right now with the Jag. But I hope to have all the bugs out shortly. It really helps have people like yourself giving me advice.

Thanks Again For Your Time. ; )

Noob101
Hello. You should have the climate control on and temp at high. If this does not work with the engine cold remove the cap off the thermostat housing, when car is cold and then remove the radiator fill cap. Fill until coolant comes out of the thermostat housing cap. Then put both caps on and run engine. This should take care of air pocket. Let me know if this helps thanks pat

Fstranger302
Hello, if you mix coolants in the engine. It will eat the rubber hoses from the inside out. You should have the engine flushed with a machine to make sure you have all the contaminated coolant out. Hope this helps. The coolant should not cause a engine problem, maybe a thermostat or water pump failure. Should be flushed asap. Let me know thanks

Fstranger302