ALARM INITIAL WARNING CYCLE STARTS AND DISABLES ENGINE START

Jaguar XJ8

I have a 1999 Jaguar XJ8 with 72,930 miles. I have a problem with the alarm system being triggered by the normal use of remote or when I have stopped suddenly and put the car in park while simultanously turning off the car and opening the door before allowing a few seconds before each step. The car begins to make the same beeping sound that it makes when you lock the car and the alarm is set, but it continues to beep 5 minutes to as long as one hour. During the time that the system is beeping the alarm does not sound but you are unablle to start the car until the beeping stops. I have tried disarming the alarm with the remote and the master key, I have tried putting the master key in the ignition all to no avail. It seems that each of my attempts caused the problem to persist even longer, as if it is recycling through some process. It seems to think that the alarm has been tripped but it only cycles through the initial warning beep but never alarms. The alarm when set does work normally, that is if you try to enter the car after it has been activated it will sound the warnig beeps then the alarms will sound, I have been able to trigger the alarm by opening the trunk with my master key without deactivating the alarm. Please advise.
Gcollinsxj8

Have th vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer. You may need to replace the alarm module

Dave H