GAS TANK CANNOT FILL

2002 Jaguar XJ8

2002 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 18000 miles

After many years we are recently unable to fill the tank - nozzle kicks off like the tank was full. Note that the fill tube comes in low on the tank so unless you are very low there is gas standing in the tube. There is an overflow vent that appears intact. There is another metal tube vent at the top of the tank, but don't know where it goes or what it does. Is there an anti siphon screen in the fill tube that could be partially blocked? If so, how could it be fixed? My independent mechanic says he would have to remove the tank (5 hours labor) to fix the problem. He also says the fill tube is integral to the tank and cannot be separated or repaired independently serviced. Help
Terry Taugner

I found a jaguar technical service bulletin #310-10 for this issue and they are finding that the ccv (canister close valve) is malfunctioning and not venting so there is no vent on system causing the back spit. The charcoal canister is also clogging and causing vacuum not to go through it, they want you to install a known good charcoal canister and see if problem goes away or you can just remove the vacuum lines to it and see if it fills normally before you replace the gas tank.

Mastertechtim
I have the same problem on my 2002 XJR, where is the CCV canister close valve located? And where are the vacuum lines to be removed?
Thank you,
leebct@gmail. Com

Leepapa2