STABILITY CONTROL FAILURE

1999 Jaguar XJ8

1999 Jaguar XJ8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 71188 miles

my 1999 xj8 ABS & stability control failure message is on. How do I check The following abs senors, control module, pump and how do I reset the computer to clear the errors? Also recently the check engine indicator can on. What type on code reader do I need to get to read jaguar codes? Also I would like to know if the brake switch could be the source of my problem?

THANKS!
JAM
Jamjam940

Hello .. thanks for the donation .. much appreciated

Most OBDII code scanners will link to your vehicle and supply and delete powertrain (engine/transmission) fault codes .. very few handhald scanner's will diagnose and delete ABS fault's .. you will need a shop to diagnose the ABS codes or autozone/aamco will scan cars for free ...

Without knowing the actual codes your car is giving it is impossible for me to give you repair information as we would be replacing parts untill we got it right, at your expense ? get your cars full fault codes (P1234 etc.) and repost for a better diagnosis of the fault and repair procedures.

The brake light switch supply's power to both ABS control module and Suspension control module ... so it is possible the switch is causing your faults .. A scan of the car and codes givin will let us know where the fault lies ?

Hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1011.png

Dave H