XJ8L NO DASH LITES, NO TAILIGHTS, PLATES LIGHTS

1998 Jaguar XJ8

2 DAYS AGO ALL OF MY LIGHTS DECIDE TO GO OUT. DASH, TAIL, PLATE, SIDE MARKERS.

. The only lights working are the automatic headlights and if I press the button for the rear fogs.

Is there a master fuse or relay? I have heard that the switch on the stalk gives issues. Pinched wire somewhere?

1998 JAG XJ8L 102K most reliable car ever!
a few oil changes, 1 set of brake pads, one new radiator hose, one wheel bearing in 50k+ miles!
Dinofresh

I also have a 98 XJ8 and have the EXACT same problem. Have you figured it out? I have checked all the fuses, its making me crazy! Lol HELP!

Trevor576
For anyone else who has this problem.I just found a broken wire coming out of the turn signal/headlight switch into the steering column. This is obviously the problem. How on earth it go broken is beyond me, no moving parts into this area really. Steering column area seems impossible to take apart. Great car. Typical Jaguar. I have had many many BMW s and Mercedes many older with very high mileage and I have never had problems like I have had with this car.

Trevor576
I had a new turn signal stalk installed.
$400. Repair.

Now I have an error code of " restricted performance" and a check engine light on. UUUGHH!
HELP!

Dinofresh