TRANSMISSION (1ST GEAR) PROBLEMS

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi, here is what's happening. When I put the car in drive it does not move as I give it gas it feels as if it's still in park, then I feel a boom as if someone has hit the car from the rear. At that point the car slowly moves forward but I have to give my more gas than normally for it to go. Once I'm out of first gear, it runs (switches gears), just fine. I only feel the boom effect when taking the car from park to drive. If I stop at a light or for any other reason, I have to give it a lot of gas to get it moving again until I get out of first gear. When going from park to drive the car doesn't seem to go into gear until I feel the boom (as if I've been hit from the rear), effect. It's always take a lot of gas to get it to go but once I'm out of first gear, it runs great.
Mariolittle

The transmission solonoid valves are sticking inside the transmission. The transmission needs a rebuild i'm afraid

Dave H