THROTTLE BODY OR MAF CODES

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas 70000 miles

Can someone please explain these codes? I'm nevervous after being told by one that it may be my MAF and another that I need a 2,400 Throttle body.

PO121
TPS/PEDAL

POSITITION SESOR
A CKT
P1251
P1642
P1647
P1111
P1637

Any help would be appreciated. This is coming at a tough time so I just want to be sure. Thank you.
Elisa404

Hi
Two codes indicate fault with TPS the others are for cruise control. No MAF or throttle body indicated. Suspect replacement of TPS is where to start. Is cruise working?
Let me know
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
When we were driving it and it first went into fail safe as soon as that would come on it would turn off the cruise control. When we started back up we were afraid to turn it on over something I probably had read. I just took the car to a import cars mechanic and at first said the codes were something he had never seen and when I asked to see them another guy went back to the shop, said he couldn't find them so I insisted he take the car back and hook it up to the machine, I went with him and these were the codes.
ASC not available/ TRAC not available
P0121 Tps Sensor A
01251 TPS
P1647 Heated upstream oxygen sensor
P1657 Throttle motor driver relay.

And a price to fix of 3,400.00. Replace the Throttle body and O2 sensor I'm so leary to trust them after they would not give me the codes and said they were unrecognizeable. Not to mention I do not have 3,400. Thank you for such a quick response, this service is awesome.

Elisa404
Recomend second opinion for that kind of money. Have you asked to replace TPS and see what it runs like? Is there a Dealer near

Docfixit