GEAR BOX FAULT

2000 Jaguar S-Type

2000 Jaguar S-Type 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Hi,

The Automatic Gear Box on my car went recently and I had it replaced. Follwoing the work the car drove ok but we noticed some deterioration to the drive at higher speeds with soe very minor juddering. However now the dash indicates a fault to traction control and abs and therefore has stated that both have been switched off. The mechanic at the time of the gear box change told me that the he had to replace the traction control sensor for some reason. Since these indicators have appeared the drive has deteriorated completely. The car judders and loses power at 40mph and above and also when driiving up small inclines.

I have returned the car to the mechanic and he says the reason for this is not the gear box but in fact is the abs and traction control fault.

Is this correct, logic tells me not but hope you can please help.
Introubleneedadvice

We would need to know the fault codes the car has stored to determine where the fault actually lies. I wouls suspect it is actually a transmission fault still !

Dave H