S-TYPE 3.0 LEAKING COOLANT

2000 Jaguar Other

Is the coolant tank remotely close to the oil filter? I had my oil changed and then the tank began leaking. I took it back in where I had it serviced and was informed that the tank is cracked.

Is this a mere coincidence or could the mechanic have " accidentally" cracked the tank?

HELP! I'm so frustrated!
Gotome

Yes it is frustrating when your car comes back from service and something else is now wrong, it happens, if the tank was close to leaking then yes a service can provoke the failure, but even with normal service the tank should be able to hang in there. Sorry, but things like this happen time to time in car repair

2CarPros Ken
Thanks for your quick reply--so what you're saying is that it's not likely that one caused the other and that it truly is a coincidence? And, can you tell me if $200 for parts and labor for a new coolant tank is reasonable? Thanks! I'm new to the Jaguar world and not sure I want to stay in it! : Roll:

Gotome
Yes, that sounds about right, Jag's are somethimes expensive to keep running.

2CarPros Ken