LEAK IN HOSE RUNNING FROM BACK OF THERMO

1990 Isuzu Trooper

Engine Cooling problem
1990 Isuzu Trooper 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 192000 miles

I have a leaky heater(?) Or bypass hose that connects to the back of my thermostat housing and then it immediately heads down along the side of the block and underneath the fuel injection.I tried looking from underneath to see where it goes but I cant. The repair shop wants $200 to replace a hose that cost anywhere from 5 - 9 bucks. If I knew where it lead to if there was a way to view the side I could easily repair it. I took my air cleaner assembly off and also the throttle linkage to see if tha gave me a better view but it doesn't. I went to the parts store and they have two different molded hoses but I am not sure I can get the old one off to take to the parts store. This is very frustrating.
Johnnykat69