PERFORMANCE ISSUES

1988 Isuzu Trooper

1988 Isuzu Trooper 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

Hi, I am the unlucky owner of a very cool truck that I just can't seem to throw enough money at to get it to run right! Its a 2.6 litre 4 cyl trooper that runs like it has a sock stuck in the intake it surges and doesn't have a stable power band. I have restored the entire engine compartment including refreshing all the ground wires. I have noticed two things that concern me. One is the timming mark! It sits exactly on 12 deg at idle and jumps to about 20 or so one time when revved and stays there. Shouldn't it have some kind of curve like the older cars with vacumm advance? And I put rebuilt injectors in it. Are rebuilt injectors reliable? I noticed after a year that they have rust on them. Also there has been a serious drop in fuel mileage. Help! I have too much money in it to get rid of it.
Cowasocky