QUESTION WATER PUMP -AUTO ACCIDENT

2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 222000 miles

I rear ended my car, going in reverse about 10 miles per hour, smashed out back swing up door window, dented hard rear "strut" frame and damaged rear swing door against an inmovable tractor trailer. We got out to look at the damage, glass everywhere and water pouring out from under the car. Water pump. Never had any leaks, no problems, was maintained religiously every 3000 miles. Car in excellent condition. Had new serpentine belt put on about 5 days prior. Had car towed to repair shop. Insurance is denying water pump related to accident. Shows no evidence of being "smashed" in or crushed in the accident. Said is was coincidental! I understand accidents can cause "whiplash" under the car to different parts including jarring the engine. Had to pay out of pocket. Repair shop replaced serpentine belt again, had 2 "gouges" same diameter as water pump that it went around. It is possible the water pump was "whiplashed" causing the seal to break/crack and how would I prove it? I have the serpentine belt. Meeting on appeal with Insurance on Monday, July 19.,2010

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/550335_IMG_0368_2.jpg

Ljpickles