QUESTION

1994 Isuzu Rodeo

1994 Isuzu Rodeo Question Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 118500 miles

I just recently bought my rodeo. It runs ok but whne you start it up, it screeches/squeaks for about 5 minutes and then stops. It will squeak again when a sharp turn comes up or when going up a big hill. A friend of mine said it could be the alternator belt or the timing belt. My dad is taking it in to the mechanic and I fear they will charge me a lot of $ just to figure out what the problem is. Also my car is extremely loud. My dad thinks it needs some sort of muffler gasket or something. I can't remember what he called it. It is just fine after the first couple minutes after you turn it on until you accelerate. Then it idles weird after you take your foot off the gas like it's getting ready to die. Other than that it works just fine. The guy we bought it from said that it was his friends car and he moved to korea so he asked him to sell it. Said it ran just fine when his friend had the car. Since then it has been sitting for six months. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a mechanic just for them to find the problem and then pay more to get it fixed. I would like to have a general idea of what could be wrong so I can tell them where to start looking and save me some $ that I can put toward getting the car fixed. If you could give me a little help I would greatly appreciate it.
Aligirl160