REAR DEMISTER PROBLEM

Isuzu Other

1988 2.6 LWB petrol.I have had it since new now with 90000 miles on the clock. It now only does about 2500 miles a year and is carefully maintained. However the heated rear window is not doing its job and only clears the lower section-and that not very well! It has never functioned properly.I have tested it and there is current flowing along all of the " fillaments" but only the lower ones feel warm. My son in law reckons it is a relay problem and there are not enough amps going through although the voltage is there. Can that be so?
Jack2133

Sounds like the filaments are having a problem, if part works but part doesnt and there is voltage I would go to the window its self

Jack42
Thanks for your reply. When you say the problem could be the window are you saying it is the wrong type of glass for the filaments. Perhaps too thick for the voltage to heat up?

Jack2133