MULTIPLE FAILURES 97 RODEO

1997 Isuzu Other

I have a 97 V6 2WD rodeo with 133K miles that's causing me to pull my hair out. After a recent valve job, the transmission failed, necessitating the install of a used tranny. The mechanic said the tranny failure coming so close after the valve job was just a coincidence - that he didn't so anything to cause it. (The used tranny came from a 97 Passport.) When I went to pick the truck up at the shop, it was idling high and rough - surging almost. The mechanic said it would take a bit for the computer to catch up with the new tranny. It settled down within the hour, and ran well for a couple of hours on short trips. The next day, the truck - in our hilly area - was running rough - stalling, coughing, lagging - no power. Another tow later, the mechanic said it looks like we need a new/remanufactured computer. He said the scanner gave 3 error codes indicating the engine is running at only 33%. Again, he insists it's just a coincidence. Any ideas here? I'm getting despondent!
Amednick

Hard to say. Sounds like something might have been left unplugged

Jack42