TROOPER CLUTCH

Isuzu Other

I have a 1994 Isuzu Trooper with 200,000+ miles on it. The clutch was replaced about 10,000 miles ago. I noticed today that the clutch pedal must be pushed nearly to the firewall before the clutch will disengage. I found the hydraulic fluid to be low and filled the reservoir, but the petal still needs to be pushed nearly to the floor to disengage the clutch. Is there a pedal play adjustment on this car?
Gestep

Hi there,

If the fluid was low, there may be a leak in the system and you have air in the lines to be bleed out. First check the master cyl and slave cyl for leaks, peel back the rubber boot and if there is fluid there repair or replace, Bleed the system and all should be good.

Mhpautos
Maybe, inside the car and under the dash. Look at where the linkage from the clutch pedal goes through the firewall and into the clutch master cylinder. See if you can disconnect it from the pedal and unscrew it to lengthen that linkage. This will raise the pedal off the floor and make it much easier to shift.
B. Hubs : )

B.Hubs