99 AMIGO OIL LEAK AND FUEL GAUGE

1999 Isuzu Other

First, I have a 99 Isuzu Amigo 6cyl, 3.2l. I took a trip from CA back to my home in Wyoming in July and during that trip I noticed high oil consumption(I could go through 3 quarts in a day. Whenever I checked the dipstick it was dry. I put some 'Stop Leak' which seemed to slow oil loss and when I had my oil changed about 2 months ago, the mechanics did not mention anything about a leak. I've had no problems for 3 months. Two days ago 'Check Engine' light came on. I stopped driving until I could take a look. I found clean oil in the wells by the head gaskets only on the left side and when the car is started smoke comes out from the left side engine seam where the top half is bolted to the bottom half. I know that there is probably a leak. Any idea how serious this is(no, I'm not planning on driving until it is corrected) if it is a gasket or seal or something much worse and how to troubleshoot the problem?
99amigo

Hello, I have the same problem, you know what is the reason and how it solves?

Bigjoe2007
Well Bigjoe2007,
The first thing I would do is pull the spark plugs and look at them to see if they are oil soaked. If they are then the oil is some how getting into the combustion chamber. It could either be dripping down the valve stems due to bad umbrella seals and worn valve guides or getting past the rings. A compression check would be a good idea followed by a leak down test if necessary.
B. Hubs

B.Hubs
I remove the catalyst and resolved the problem.
Thanks.

Bigjoe2007