(2000) RODEO 2WD ABS GRIND.

2001 Isuzu Other

First of all, thank you for reviewing my question.

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo with 60K miles.
About a month ago, I was braking and I felt a grind and some slipping in the brakes. The ABS light turned on and ever since then, it does it once every day in that order. First the grind, then the light.

I had this same experince about 5 months ago when I had the brakes serviced. When I picked up the truck, I drove it home and while braking, the grind occured and the ABS light turned on. I took it back to the brake shop and they said they had to adjust the " ABS Clip" on the disk.

I returned the truck back to the shop last month and they told me the ABS unit is defective and that it is common with Isuzus of this era. They estimated $1100 for repairs. Not being prepared to dish out that cash and wanting to do my research first, I've been driving with it since.

My questions are, does this sound like the " ABS module" and what is the " ABS module"?

(Please note that most of the parts I have had to buy for my truck have been from the 2001 model although it is a 2000)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie
Miami, FL
Drbeep