RODEO TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1998 Isuzu Other

My 1998 Isuzu Rodeo consistantly has transmission problems. It's had 2 rebuilds and a replacement just in the last year and a half. I recently went on a road trip (abt 500 miles) and now it feels like it won't engage in first gear. The whole car shakes really bad when starting from a stop, but it's fine once I get going. What could be causing this, and why does my car seem to eat transmission? Also, the check transmission and check engine light go on every once in a while, but every time I've taken it in, there's been no problem. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Thank you!
Monkeyman

It sounds like you may have a cracked or unbalanced flywheel. Have you replaced the flywheel on any of these rebuilds? Also make sure the torque converter is replaced. Either of these problems can destroy transmissions. Another possibility for the shake is u-joints but they would not tear up trannys.

Kenb79764