PUP 2.6L 180000 MI.

1988 Isuzu Other

Engine missing. 3 so-called prof. Mechs. Could not figure this one out. When first stating it in the AM it seems alright for a few minutes. It misses mostly at idle when in drive or reverse which is under a load. Sometimes it even dies at a traffic light if I don't keep it revved up just a little. It also usually misses slightly when driving down the road. I have already replaced the following; plugs, plug wires, rotor, rotor cap, fuel filter, coil and oxygen sensor. Timing is ok. I'm now thinking that it is a problem with the fuel/air mixture control but I don't know where it is or what it looks like. Please help as we really like this pickup and don't want to have to sell it. It is still otherwise in very good condition. Seems to run better in cooler weather.
Tknerly

First, check for a blown fuse or relay. Then disconnect the fuel line going to the fuel filter. Turn the key on and see if fuel sprays out. If not, you can tap on the fuel tank with a hammer while someone else tries to start the vehicle. Also you can unplug the main harness going to the pump and use a test light to see if you have power going to the pump.

Bootdog