ENGINE GETS HOT AND OVERHEATS WHEN AC GETS

1998 Isuzu Amigo

Engine Cooling problem
1998 Isuzu Amigo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 69000 miles

When I am driving and turn on my AC the engine starts overheating and after a few minutes I have to turn the AC off and the engine goes back to normal after a few minutes of driving with the AC off. It runs just fine when I don't turn on the AC, what can the problem be?
Brianfire8

It could be that the fan may not be working while the A/C is on. You may want to see if it turns on when you turn on your A/C. If the fan is working then you may want to check if the belt that leads to the ac compressor is not loose. If it is too lose then it can cause it to over heat. I suggest checking these first.

Another thing that could cause that problem would be if you haven't done a coolant flush in a while. The radiator may be dirty / clogged if it hasn't been changed and cleaned. Also when was the last time you had your thermostat replaced. An old rusty thermostat can also cause the problem.

Noir Resurection