STARTER CLICKS, ENGINE CHUGS, BUT WON'T R

1999 Infiniti I30

1999 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My car has been in the driveway for a few months and could use some expert advice. At some point on daily use, the car won't start and had to be towed back home. The starter is OK (it clicks), the battery is OK (using battery cables to jump-start makes no difference), the engine chug-chug-chugs but won't go as if it is choking badly. The fuel filter and the fuel pump has been inspected - it works (I saw the fuel pump work when tested by the mechanic. He took out the back seat to get there). ECM has been reseated (don't know if this makes a difference). So my question is what's next? O2 sensor? Catalytic converter broken? A new battery. I don't trust the local dealership, who is asking for $150 to diagnose (aside from paying for tow to and from). Thank you for your input, comment, or feedback.
Erlinch