PROBLEMS WITH TURNING CAR ON

1996 Infiniti I30

Smells problem
1996 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

WHEN I TRY TO TURN ON MY CAR I HAVE TO MOVE THE STIRING WHEEL TO MY RIGHT IM LUCKY IF IT TURNS ON. WHEN IT DOES TURN ON I COULD SMELL GAS AND ANOTHER WEIRD CHEMICAL SMELL.
AS I DRIVE AND I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP THE CAR MAKES A LITTLE JUMPS AND IT MAKES A SOUND OF AIR (THE NOISE IS NOT LOUD ) THIS 2 THINGS HAPPEN AT THE SAME TIME. AND WHEN I BREAKE I FEEL THE PEDLE VIBRATE AND A CRACKING FEELING.
PAT KIM

Hi PAT,

You mean you need to turn the steering wheel for the key to turn or for the switch to come into contact to crank the engine?

Gas smell could be due to leaking fuel hoses, I would recommend checking it out asap.

Does the little jump and air noise coincide with the rpm meter needle moving up and down?

Braking noise appears at what vehicle speed?
If high speed, the rotors could have lateral run out so needs to be refaced or replaced. Check wheel bearings first.