I CANT GET MY CV AXLE ALL THE WAY IN THE TRANSMISSION I THINK ITS TO SHORT OR IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG IVE TRYED PUSH IT. IN

1998 Nissan Altima • FWD Automatic • 176,000 miles

I had to replace my frontend driver side cv axle and the transmission axle seal I put them in But it not flushed to the transmission and when I tighting the nut down. It pull the cv axle out a little bit but I think it to short cause I cant get it in there any further but when I went to the Auto Store they gave me the one that goes back in there they measured it and everthing was the same on both of them what should I do and it makes a CLICKING NOISE but the noise is only on the frontend driver side It does it when ur driving straight on the road snd I replace my frontend drive side lower ball joint too. What do I need to do?
Mindy28

See if the clip on axle is missing or not also if you have the old one see if it's the same length. Might not be