TAPPING NOISE IN COLD START FOR 5 MINS

2003 Hyundai Tiburon

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

Could someone please tell me what a tapping noise on cold start only for five minutes (after that it goes away) means (has started doing this since the last 3 months only)? Can Lucas Oil treatment cure this? And/or switching to heavier grade oil (currently use Mobil Clean 5000 5W-30, changing every 3000 miles)? I live in Virginia.
If its a lifter going bad, what does that mean for my engine? At the the moment there's NO difference whatsoever in the car's performance (at the moment it is still smooth, powerful, quiet, very good gas mileage, zero oil burning), and I love it. But if this problem is too expensive to repair--a) wil it hurt the engine if I don't do anything and b) how much longer do I have on it?
Any help would be highy appreciated.
Redtibby1