OVERHEATING PROBLEM

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Automatic 130k miles

I purchased a 2001 Tibourn 4 Cly Automatic Yesterday from a used car dealer.I drove it home on the highway approx.a 45 mile distance.Well this morning I drove a 5 mile distance this morning to get an oil change.I had the a/c on. The temp gage was not showing any indication that the car was over heating.Although I did hear what I thought to be the ac at the time was a bit noiser.So I then called my mechanic.he suggested i head over.When i got there the began overheating.The radiator reserve cap had hot water spuinng. He suggested my thermostat might need to be replaced.So I left the car with my mechan.Not 20 min later I get a call from him stating I take the car back and try getting my money back.There was no thermostat on the car to begin with and after putting the new therm on the car.It still was over heating.And YES the fans are kicking on.He suggested replacing the radiator.Might be an option.So he orderd a new one which he will recieve on Monday,Before I end up going Broke can you Please help?Suggestions?Please!What else do you think it could be if the radiator dosent solve my problem on Monday? Maybe a sensor perhaps?My mechanic has a conspiracy theory.Suggesting the dealer my have removed the thermostat knowing the car over heats.Just to make the sell.I Apprieciate your time,Hopefully no engine damage. Yet.But for right now I need to focus on the over heating issue,And then go from there.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/561429_My_Car_3.jpg

Rayael

Your mechanic should be able to tell you what's going on with the headgasket, head and block or the intake manifold if he block and pressure test it, also check the water pump and the radiator could also be air in the system