ELECTRICAL/TRANSMISSION

2000 Hyundai Tiburon

2000 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My transmission went out at 88,000 miles. Was fixed under warranty by the dealership since I bought the car new. They Rebuilt the transmission. Then it went out at 119,000 miles.I paid for a rebuilt transmission at a different place from the first. Then my transmission went out at 130,000 miles. It was fixed under warranty from the second time I had it fixed. Later at 139,000 miles it went out again. The same people fixed the transmission even though the warranty had expired becaused I complained. I finally got the car back after several months. What the mechanic told me is that it is an electrical problem causing the transmission to go out by sending a high temp reading to the transmission. He did not fix the root problem because either it cost too much or just did not know how to fix it. Dont trust this guy. My car runs fine but for how long. What should I do to fix this. Or should I cut my loses and throw the car away when the problem returns.
Jorgem71