REAR HUB

1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Suspension problem
1998 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 130000 miles

Within the last six months the rear wheels, right side especially, makes an extremely loud humming noise at any speeds. It does get much worse when driving faster but is still noticeable while driving at lower speeds.

It sounds like a hole in the exhaust pipe. Actually when I had the leak problem in the intake manifold, there was a loud noise just like the rear hub, but I never noticed the noise of the hub due to the leak. Now that the leak is fixed, I hear the same type of noise from the hub. Pretty annoying.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is it just the hubs wearing out. !

The sounds seems to go away as soon as making a right turn, since the weight of the car is off the rear right tire.

If it's the hub, which I have a pretty good idea it must be.
Can it be taken apart to grease the bearings?. If so how? Or need a new assembly?
Speed2000