IDLES ROUGH IN IDLE

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

I have a 2002 Sante Fe and I have had trouble siince this morning. (Wednesday).

I went to take my mom to the hospital (radiation and chemo) and the car started to shake and the check engine light came on. The oil light flckers as well. At first I saw light smoke or smelled something hot. I topped of the coolent res and added fuel additive to remove water and mystery oil to the oil. Also topped off the power steering res.

I had the plugs replced a month ago but only drove the car a few days

replaced the last couple of months:
both belts,
high pressure power steering hose
plugs
the a/c compressor.
every thing ran fine for a few days except for the belt slipping and squealing.
when car trouble started I replaced plug wires but to no avail.
I am a licensed massage therapist but only work part time for 10 an hour due to the economy so I'm sorry for the low donation.

btw. I gave as much info as I remember. Its after midnight and I have to take mom to the drs again so I have to get up early. Check post later this morning.
Massagebyclaudio

Check engine light on is an indication that you have a trouble codes stored in the pcm
have to have it scanned for codes
if dont have the OBDII reader most local part stores and or repair shop should be able to scan it for you a lot of them do it for free check in your area

as to checking things
open hood and check for any thing out of place
start engine and check for vacuum leaks

BMRFIXIT
If check engine light on and blinking its an indication of a misfire and the issue need to be checked sooner than later

BMRFIXIT