SONATA

Hyundai Other

I have a hyundai Sonata 1998/99 model(98 engine) with 92 000 km, a 2 L engine and a manual 5 speed gearbox.

Around 5 000 km ago I had the timing belt change as part of a major service. Not long after this I developed a miss in the engine around 2000rpm when under load. The miss is not always present but is more often present than not. The car runs fine above this engine speed with no miss.

I have replaced the plugs(the old ones with 5000km use looked fine), 2 of the leads and used 2 loads of fuel injector cleaner across 700km - but the problem still exists. The car has not been a problem up to now - could I have some ideas as to what else to look for or do I need to just take it into the dealer and let them loose at it?
Apm