MODELS TEMPRATURE GOES UP

2006 Hyundai Other

Engine Cooling problem
2006 Other Hyundai Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 53000 miles

Hi

The temprature of my car has suddenly started going up recently. The temprature is normal in normal drive. But in situations like traffic jams in city, where one needs to use a lot of clutch and higher gears, the temprature soars up. It wasn't like this until recently. The temprature never used to go up no matter how big is the traffic Jam. The temprature comes down gradually when car starts running at normal speed and gears. Is there anything to worry as I go a lot of disatnce on my car daily and in late nights.

Regards
Amitc_23

Hi: It sounds like the cooling fans are not working. At a stop, there is no air flow. If you drive, the air passess through the radiator keeping the coolant cool. WHen you stop, so does the air flow. At that point, the cooling fans must come on to create an airflow through the radiator to cool the coolant. If the fans don't come on, the engine will run hot and eventually overheat.

Let me know if the fans are working.