MODELS HIGH OIL CONSUMPTION

2004 Hyundai Other

2004 Other Hyundai Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 40000 miles

Hi I have a Hyundai Matrix 1, 6L 16v DOHC runs only 40 000 miles, the car had a problem of overheating due to radiator crack, the over heating causes damage to cylender head gasket, after the car repair I noticed it has a very high oil consumbtion without any oil leaks or engine smokes? I add about 1quart every 600 mile? Currently I started to add cyclo lubricant addetive that helps stop oil burning, actualy the case has not come better far may be I add 1 quart for 800 mile? The mechanic advised that this is due to warn piston rings and damaged vulve seals? Can this be correct, can oil burn without any smoke - the only this I noticed that the exhaust pipe got hard black fine powder like carbon, if the engine has worn rings will it burn so much oil without any smoke t y
? Please advice
Motorola