ACCENT SPEEDOMETER DEAD/CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2002 Hyundai Other

Hi everyone,

I have a Hyundai 2002 Accent, and the speedometer suddenly stopped working and the check engine light came on the next time I started the car. I think the check engine light is likely related to the vehicle speed sensor which is no longer getting a speed signal now that the speedometer stopped working.

My question is, have other owners had problems with the speedometer and if so, was the problem with the bottom part of the mechanical linkage at the transmission or was the problem with the cable which goes through the firewall to the instrument cluster?

I checked with my local Hyundai dealer and there isn't one whole assembly to easily order for replacement, but instead I can order each individual part. It would kinda help to know where the problem likely is -- top (firewall/instrument) or bottom (transmission) part of the cable linkage! : Lol:
Mem-tek