SONATA RUSTED BEHIND ROTOR

2000 Hyundai Other

I have my car at my dealership mechanic and am having the following fixed.
Car Window is stuck.
Rear Brakes.
They brought it in and ended up saying I needed my rotor replaced on my rear wheels. When taking the Rotor off they said there was alot of rust inside of it on the parking brake shoes. When they pulled the rotor off it got caught on the shoes because of the rust which pulled many peices apart.
They are billing me an extimate of an extra $224.54 to replace those rusted parts.
The total amount will be around $800 for everything. My question is does this just sound like they are trying to screw me? And could the broken parts be caused by their mechanic just not being carefull? And last but not least would something like this be covered (my warranty is expired) on any manufacture warranties. Thank you for helping me out.
Natersteen