HYUNDAI GETZ ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Hyundai Getz

Computer problem
2003 Hyundai Getz 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 96000k miles

My Hyundai Getz 1.3 auto 2003 has started occasional starting problems. The engine turns over but may not fire until the fifth occasion.

Together with this the orange check engine light keeps coming on.

Hyundai have given me a vague diagnosis from their computer that the ECU needs replacing and is affecting cylinder number 4 but the car runs perfectly. Nedless to say the cost from Hyundai is absolueltly astronomical approx 1500 euros.

Anyone any suggeston pleas.

Many thanks
Denisshadbolt

Hi there,

Can you please advise the actual fault code set in the ECU, this will be a great help.

Mhpautos
Unfortunately I do not have the error code. I live in spain and communication with the Hyundai dealers is difficult. All I have from them is the bill for the rather flimsy diagnosis and a written staement about the fault, which says " Possible electric fault in ecu, clyinder 4 internal".

Sorry I am not helping myself, am I?

Maybe if I take it to another garage they can supply the fault error code number!

Denis

Denisshadbolt
HI there,

Most workshops should be able to do scan to read this code.

Mark

Mhpautos