THRUST BEARING WEAR AFTER REBUILD

2002 Hyundai Galloper

2002 Hyundai Galloper 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

I recently had my engine d4bf rebuilt after a broken crankshaft due to timing belt issue. They replaced the crankshaft with a used one, I think. Engine has been running well, but within a few days I noticed some clutch noise when I would depress the pedal. It grew worse over several days and became difficult to get into first gear sometimes (not grinding, just didn't want to go in easily), so I went back to the shop. The shop owner is in Korea right now and his mechanic is saying the problem is that I am riding the clutch or not pushing it in all the way. I think after what he showed me and some research that he thinks the crank and thrust bearings are worn.
I counter that I have not been riding the clutch or even leaving it in at traffic lights -in fact I've been very gentle with the new parts. This began within 200 miles after the work, and I have never had similar problems after 30+ years of driving cars and motorcycles.
Seems much more likely to me that there was installation error. What's the likelihood that even if I were the worst driver in the world I could have caused this in 200-400 miles?
Thanks for your help!
Jabok
Jabok