ENGINE CHECK LIGHT

2005 Hyundai Elantra

Computer problem
2005 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

ENGINE CHECK LIGHT APPEARD AT APPROX. 68,000M. PERFOMANCE, OPERATING TEMP, ETC. HAS NOT CHANGED. IS THIS AN AUTOMATIC OPERATION? DO I NEED A ANALYIZING TOOL TO SEARCH CODES? IS THERE A RESET? IF SO, INFO ON HOW WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Pbush

Hi there,

Your ECU has detected a fault and has set a fault code, you will need to have a scan done to identify the code, this will also identify the problem area as each component has it's own fault code.

Mhpautos
Did you gas up recently before the light came on? I don't deal with cars AT ALL, but with my '05 Elantra the check engine light came on and when I called Hyundai they said to check to make sure my gas cap was secure and then wait a day or two for the system to reset itself and it the light was still on to call them back. Sure enough, it was off after 2 days. It happens ever so often if I don't tighten my gas cap A LOT. So you may want to try tightening the gas cap and waiting a day or two. Again, I'm no car expert, and you (I'm sure) know a HELL of a lot more than me, but thought I would chime in. : )

Egeronimo