FRONT BRAKES SEIZING

2001 Hyundai Elantra

Brakes problem
2001 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

2001 hyundai elantra. I have replaced the master cylinder and one of the calipers. It does not have abs or traction control. The front brakes keep locking up, if I let it sit for a while the will free up, drive it 5 or so miles and they start locking up again. The pressure from the caliper is not returning to the master cylinder, if I open the brake bleeder when they are seized the free up. I just dont know what would keep the system from allowing fluid back in to the master cylinder. Please help
Xpro88

Hi xpro88,

Most probably the master cylinder to booster clearance or brake pedal to booster push rod clearance is in sufficient. This would result in the master cylinder piston being partially engaged, preventing fluid pressure from being returned. When driving the fluid heats up causing the increase in pressure and locks up the calipers.

Adjustment of pedal clearance.

Back stoplight switch out until it does not contact
pedal arm.
Turn stoplight switch in until clearance between stoplight switch outer case and pedal arm is.02-.04" (.5-1.0 mm).
Tighten lock nut.