BATTERY CABLE STUCK?

2001 Hyundai Elantra

2001 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 87,000 miles

I have been trying to remove the positive battery cable. It is different than normal cable connecters I am used to. It has a cup shaped head that fits down over the terminal and has a bolt sticking out of the top on which you loosen a nut. This is the only means I can see of loosening the head to remove it from the terminal but I have actually removed the nut and tapped and pryed and done everything I can think of to loosen the head and it still won't come off. I also tryed the baking soda/water solution to break down corrosion. Either it is so badly corroded that it is stuck on or I am doing something wrong in trying to loosen the head to remove it. I feel like I'm going to break the terminal right out of the battery if I pry any harder. Any ideas or experienced advice from anyone else who has used this type of cable would be appreciated.
1cor47

Hi 1cor47,

Seems the terminal is stuck rather tight.

Reinstall the bolt and tighten it slightly. Release the bolt about 4 turns and tap at the bolt gently while trying to twist the cable to get it loose.