WILL NOT START (POSSIBLY

2001 Hyundai Elantra

Engine problem
2001 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

Our 2001 elantra (auto. W/ 110K) decided last night before I had to go to work to not start. It was really foggy and today it's raining and still wont start, I think it's done this before and gets better when it stops being so wet, but I need it now. So. When I turn the key it doesn't do anything but Ding and buzz at me, the battery is fine all the lights come on and radio and such. Funny part is as I try and start it if I hold it for a second the speedo goes to about 30-40 mph and the rpm guage goes to about 1,000/rpm but just buzzes at me! There's no check engine light as far I know, because all the dash lights come on then you go to turn it over and all the lights go off till normally it starts and the headlamps and dash lights come back on, but since it wont start I have to let off and all the lights are on.
Mrman3285