AIR CON NOT WORKING

1999 Hyundai Atos

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Hyundai Atos 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

hi

air con regassed last year, worked ok, now not working at all - switch works, fan blows, A/C light comes on, but no change to engine revs at all, no 'draw' on power/revs; is it another regas or a leak/compressor gone? And if it a leak can it be done by the handy home mechanic or is it a garage job?
thanks
car is in UK
Alpar1

Hi there,

I feel that you have a leak in the system, what needs to be done first is to get a small charge of refrigerant inn the system with a leak detector dye, this will stain where the leak is, this is the industry standard for A/C leak detection, this really should be done by an A/C tech.

Mhpautos
Thanks for that - I think when it was regassed last year it contained the dye so they should be able to find it - going to ring round and get some quotes

thanks again for your help

Alpar1
OK. Good idea, thank you for using 2carpros, feel free to re post if you still have any problems.

Mhpautos