INPUT/OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR

2001 Hyundai Accent

2001 Hyundai Accent 6 cyl Automatic 108, 00 miles

In 6/08 I had the input/output speed sensor replaced in my 2001 Hyundai Accent. The symptom that I reported to the dealer was that the transmission felt like it was slipping. For a couple of months my check engine light has been going on/off followed with the issue of not feeling like my gears are switching when I accelerate. I took it to the mechanic, had the code read (P1529) which was a transmission control module. They looked online and saw that the common problem with this code and my car is the pulse generator, otherwise known as the input/output speed sensor. I gave permission for them to do the work, they got in and saw that my input/output speed sensor was very corroded and damaged.

Here is my question- how is this possible when I only had it changed 8 months ago? I live in an area where it is fairly cold in the winter time- could this have sped up the corrosion? Or is it possible that Hyundai didn't change that sensor but charged me for it anyway last year? I had other things done on that trip (transmission flush, belt changes) so at the time it was just another thing on the invoice and I didn't ask a lot of questions but now I am wondering.

Thank you for your advice!
Ecstaticdevine

Unfortunalty there is no way to tell if they changed it or not. The only way cold weather would make it prematurly corrode is if they use salt on the roads where you live.

Jack42