WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR REPLACEMENT (FRONT)

2003 Hummer H2

2003 Hummer H2 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

I need to replace my front windshield wiper motor. The plastic gear inside the motor has worn away where it contact the metal gear drive. I have been able to remove the wiper assembly, but am unable to detach the old motor from the assembly. The 3 mounting bolts have been removed, but the large drive bolt (part of the motor) that attaches to the assembly is stuck hard (nut has been removed).

My question - is the large drive bolt that connects the wiper motor to the wiper assembly:
A) " keyed" into the assembly - OR -
B) " screwed" into the assembly?

If " keyed" then I will apply more force to break it loose. IF it is " screwed" into the assembly, how can it be unscrewed?
I@HUMMR

WIPER MOTOR REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

IMPORTANT: Cycle the wipers 1 time to ensure they are in the parked position, and note their location prior to removal.

1. Remove the air inlet grille panel.
2. Remove the wiper transmission.
3. Mark the location of the wiper transmission arm prior to motor removal.
4. Remove the nut retaining the wiper motor shaft to the wiper motor transmission.
5. Remove the 3 fasteners (1) retaining the wiper motor to the wiper transmission.
6. Remove the wiper motor from the wiper transmission.
I don't see it screwed in.