HOW MANY TONS DOES MY CAR WEIGH?

1989 Ford Probe • 144,000 miles

I was on here trying to find out if my car if fixable but I have not received a response. So my next question is if I were to just junk it because I have to get a car to go to work.
How many Tons does my car weigh?
Help my baby

First what was the question about fixing your car. Your car probably weighs in the 3000 lb range and most junks get about $300 becaue there is rubber and not all steel also plastic etc.

Here is the Question I started with.

I have a 1989 ford probe turbo GT that just recently will not shift out of 1st gear?
My Clutch is firm and the transmission fluid is red and I just needed a little of that.
Is there anyone that can give me instructions or steps to take to see if it is tranny gone bad or is it something Simple?
Maybe I should put them together?

And thank you for responding to my question
Any help that I receive will be greatly appreciated : )
I REALLY do not want to Junk My Baby

Thank you

Help my baby
You have to check your linkage to see if that is working correctly or not. With that old of a car it could be needing a rebuild do to a bent fork or bad synchronizer. You could alwya sget another trans form a junkyard, but if it's not a clutch problem then it will need tearing apart to see what is wrong with it.

Tyvm.. I can not seem to Find a Used or Rebuilt in my state.. But if U will Please out check out this Website that I just happened to see...
http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1989_Ford_Probe_182783939_15
And I could not beleive the price of the car... And to top it off That is my Year, Color... of my baby only with more Mileage then mine. So i really want to Do Evertthing that I can to save her Come Tuesday morning Call the Company to see how they came up 1700.00 and if possible is there any way they would part it out?
Any Suggestions on that Avenue?
Please Help My Baby

Help my baby
Try this website http://www.junklyarddog.com type in your info and wht you need they will get back to you or a bunch of scrap yards will with prices.

I can explain from the time the car would not shift out of 1st gear to this day. Is there a way I can Im someone that feels they can assist me with an Honest opinion? I promise to get straight to the bottom line of Trying to safe or to Crush My Baby

Help my baby
Hav eyou tried shifting out of first with the engine off? If it ; will do that it's a clutch problem. Or you linkage is jammed. You'll have to h ave a pro look at this because you seem to have limited mechanical ability.

I'll pay you for it I need probe parts bad (724-231-8646) most parts are discontinues you can make a lot of money on eBay for the parts

94fordprobegt